Friday, February 4, 2011

Presentation on Second Language Aquisition and Researching

I have always been really  interested in learning other languages. I have learnt French, German, Japanese, Spanish and Latin and the FL Teach site looks great for me to find sources to translate and help improve my vocabulary. I really forgot how isolated I was when I lived in a small town considering language learning. We were lucky because my brother and I were in a French Immersion school that had teachers from Quebec. I remember though, being 11 and wanting to learn Japanese and having to use a huge old textbook and the audio tapes. Even access to the internet have improved the ability of students to better learn a second language.The group presenting gave some excellent sites and ideas about what to do  to help assist and hook students learning.

The second group also gave some excellent sites. I am really excited to use Jing; it looks like a great program. I also didn't know about the e-library on the Calgary Public Library site. It is just amazing that you can get papers from around the world for free and that are current. I would get so frustrated in my first year when I would find a great video and not be able to play it in the class. In this way you can download the video and share it in the class. I found this class extremely helpful and I cant wait to use it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment